Wednesday, October 23, 2013

OCTOBER MONSTER SKETCH A DAY #23



 To commemorate my favorite month (October) and my favorite holiday (Halloween), I'm doing a monster sketch per day.

I've been trying to draw less conventional monsters as much as possible. This time I chose the crocodile from "Peter Pan" (my favorite fairy tale). It could be argued that a crocodile is an animal, not a monster. But in the context of "Peter Pan", I'd say a calculating crocodile who stalks one and only one very specific prey as his innards tick away the man's final moments is a monster in the truest sense. For this piece, I opted to show the croc post-consumption, and picking his teeth with his trophy. It also gave me an excuse to draw Princess Tiger Lily, whom I've wanted to draw for a long time now. 

No comments: