Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Comics on Thanksgiving? Get stuffed!



It's a little later in the day than I typically prefer to post my blog, but hey, it's still Wednesday, so I haven't broken my blog posting stride yet!

First up, my Live Sketch Show is happening tonight at 8 pm Eastern Time. I'm thinking of doing a Thanksgiving/Bodie Troll mash up, so be here to see it unfold!  And if you'd like to chat with me during my show, you can reach me via Ustream's chat window. You need to log in to Ustream to use the window, but registering is easy. It only takes a username and an email address. Once you've entered that info, you can chat with me while I draw. I hope to see some of you online!

Rittenhouse Archives is a sketch card company I've done work for over the past three years, and they're close to releasing the latest Marvel Comics-themed set that I've contributed to--MARVEL: BRONZE AGE, featuring characters appearing in Marvel comics from the early 70's to the mid 80's. Seeing as how they posted a sampling of my work on Facebook, I figure it's cool if I do the same here. These characters all appeared as back up features in "Peter Porker, The Spectacular Spider-Ham" (my favorite comic when I was a kid), a funny animal reinvention of Marvel's superheroes. Howard the Duck, however, appeared in the early 70's in a more adult-themed book of his own (another of my childhood favorites).

The Dead Duck web comic is still maintaining a twice weekly schedule (Monday and Thursday), so be sure to follow along to catch the re-printed adventures of my afterlife creation.

Lastly, I'll leave you with a couple sample panels from issue #1 of "Bodie Troll" (as always, click to enlarge). I'm having a lot of fun playing with depth of field, which is hopefully apparent in these panels.

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate, and a happy rest of your week to everyone else!

--Jay 

No comments: