Wednesday, September 05, 2012

AND THE PUBLISHER IS...



This has been a very cool week for me. I just signed my contract, and my new creator-owned, all ages comic book, "Bodie Troll", has locked in its publisher. And now that the ink has dried on my signature, I can comfortably report that the publisher is Red 5 Comics

Red 5 has been around for a few years now, and was among the first companies to jump into digital publishing. Among its titles, Red 5 is best known for publishing the popular comic "Atomic Robo", which has had two Eisner Award nominations to date. Red 5 has been nominated twice in the Shuster Awards for best Canadian publisher. A lot of people know how big a Canada-phile I am. So while it wasn't a prerequisite for my publisher to be Canadian, I took it as a good omen that my new publisher was indeed (another of my publishers, Rue Morgue Magazine, is also Canadian).

"Bodie Troll" is slated for release in the fall of 2013. That means I'm going full bore into production as we speak. On the latest page I've drawn, I've designed one of "Bodie Troll's" most important environments, The Drunken Pumpkin tavern. In the preview below, there's a lot of detail, and I haven't added color yet, so hopefully you can distinguish it through all the lines. But believe me, when it's all put together, "Bodie Troll" is going to be something special.

That's it for this installment. See you next week with more news to share!

--Jay

3 comments:

Bruce said...

Great news, Jay! Congrats!

Jay Jacot said...

AWESOME!!!

This is fantastic news! I really enjoy Red 5 comics and I look forward to seeing Bodie Troll in print.

CONGRATS!!!

Dennis said...

Congrats