Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Head full of scat (in both beatnik and fecal terms)


The craziness is surmounting the closer I get to The San Diego Comic Con in July. I still have a sketch card set to complete and get out in June, I have a monthly quota of completed comic pages to fulfill, a handful of commissions to knock out, two impending caricature gigs in the coming week (one of which being an overnight, which will find me getting out at 3 a.m. followed by a two hour drive home), contracts and artwork to mail out, bills to pay, a car to switch over in my name and get plates for, and I still have to get some samples together to show at San Diego. My head is a boiling pot in which my brains are simmering--but they're on the brink of being over-cooked, and the pot's about to boil over and spill on the burner. So that's my life right now. If you're reading this right now, I appreciate you taking an interest in my goings on's. If you're not reading this right now, probably for the best. My frustrations are coming across as bad beat poetry, and I ain't no Kerouac.

I'll leave you now with my latest "Necronomicomics", which lampoons the 2006 movie "Slither". It's not going to see print until ten months from now, since I have a ten month backlog of completed cartoons before it waiting for publication. So consider this as advanced of a viewing as can be, folks (click to embiggen).

--Jay

 

No comments: