Tuesday, September 20, 2011

THE DETROIT FANFARE AND MY LIVE SKETCH SHOW COMETH!


Two cool things happening this week that you'll want to check out...

First up, my Live Sketch Show returns this Wednesday, September 21st, at 8 pm eastern time, which you can visit at the link. Riding on the success of the last show's theme, this week is a continuation of animated Disney characters, so come prepared to offer your favorites from Disney's TV and movies as suggestions. If you're unfamiliar with my online show, you can talk to me via Ustream's chat window. You need to log in to Ustream to use the window, but registering is easy. It only takes a username and an email address. Once you've entered that info, you can chat with me and suggest characters to be drawn. Just like always, I'll have loads of useless trivia and my own brand of quirky humor to inject (or infect) into each sketch I create!

But the BIG thing going down this week is Detroit Fanfare, Michigan's biggest and most comic-centric comic con, which lands this September 24th and 25th at Cobo Hall in downtown Detroit. For the second year running I'll have a table there, where I'll be selling copies of my sketchbook and Dead Duck graphic novel, as well as taking commissions, selling original art, and unveiling some new prints exclusive to Fanfare! Saturday night after the con is The Shel Dorf Awards, which is a ceremony celebrating those in the field of comics. I'm nominated for two categories--best letterer, and best kid's comic, both for my work on Little Green Men. I'm also a presenter for the Best Syndicated Print Strip of the Year category! So check out the link for info on the awards, and come if you can. It's going to be a blast!  

I wouldn't be much of a cartoonist if I posted this entry without an illustration. So here's a sneak preview of my new Dead Duck story that I'm working on--and I do mean SNEAK...
 Intrigued much?

Hope to hear from you on Wednesday's show, and this weekend at Detroit Fanfare!

--JAY

No comments: