Wednesday, May 25, 2011

NO SHOW THIS WEEK, BUT LOTS OF NEWS!

So I said I'd wait to let people know if there would be a show this week, depending on how busy I was. Well, I'm busy. REAL busy. So the show's on hiatus this week. I'd like to keep an "every other week" schedule, but we'll see how well I get caught up on things.

In other news...


RUE MORGUE MAGAZINE:
I've had regular e-mail correspondences with art director Gary Pullin, and we're moving forward with Necronomicomics! It looks like the first regular installment of my comic will appear in the August 1st issue. I've got three comics in the hopper, and five more that I've just written and am anxious to start drawing. With my love of horror films, I've no shortage of inspiration, and I look forward to sinking my teeth into this project like a zombie into some poor sap's chest cavity!

WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO:
I received word yesterday that I've been invited as a guest at Wizard World Chicago! That means a free table, which is a big deal to me! It also means that the convention community is starting to view me as a professional, someone worth having at their shows. For me, it's an honor, and I look forward to seeing all my Chicago fans (and visiting fans from outlying regions, too) in August!  In the meantime, check out my entry on their website here!

WEBSITE NEWS:
I'm not sure how much I've mentioned this, but my website is undergoing a HUGE overhaul. It's not apparent if you view the site right now--the old version still exists as we create something new to replace it--but when you see what my pal and comic book artist/letterer/web designer Nate Pride has concocted, I think you'll be as impressed as I am! No official date of unveiling as of yet, but expect to see cool stuff when the time comes!

So other than that, I'm swamped with commissions, comic book assignment, sketch card assignments, impending caricaturing gigs, and even a comic book workshop I'm conducting next month! Whew! So I'll see you when I see you, and report any new events as they come (and as i can find time to report 'em)!

--Jay

No comments: