Monday, February 21, 2011

LAST WEEK'S SKETCHES AND THIS WEEK'S SHOW!

Before I begin, here are the sketches I drew from last week's Live Sketch Show. The theme was 80's and 90's cartoon characters, and I had so many great suggestions...
...Like Babar, who, even though he was created in the early 1930's, had an animated film in 1989 and a cartoon TV series in 1990-1991 (both produced by Nelvana), so he still fit in the theme!
Count Duckula and his servant, Igor (produced by British animation studio Cosgrove Hall).
He-Man (from Filmation's Masters of The Universe cartoon) arm wrestling Lion-O (from Rankin Bass' Thundercats)
Jem (from Sunbow Animation's Jem and the Holograms)
Pac-Man and a ghost monster (produced by Hanna Barbera)
Penny (from DIC Animation's Inspector Gadget)

The Pink Panther, Pinky and Panky (from DePatie Freleng's Pink Panther and Sons)
Mayor Lumpkin and Deputy Dotty (From Hanna Barbera's Trollkins cartoon)
And Wakko Warner (Warner Bros. Animation's Animanics cartoon) in a pie fight with Roger Rabbit (Who FGramed Roger Rabbit, co-produced by Disney/AmblinEntertainment). As you can see, it was a wide selection of great characters, and I had an awesome time!

And now, a reminder that this Wednesday night is my next Live Sketch show on Ustream! As in previous weeks, I'll be broadcasting from 8 pm to 9:30 pm Eastern time onWednesday night from this link.
 
You're invited to contact me during the show via Ustream's chat window. You need to log in to Ustream to use the window, but registering is easy. It only takes a username and an email address. Once you've entered that info, you can chat with me and suggest stuff for me to draw. Just like last week, I'll have loads of useless trivia and my own brand of quirky humor to inject (or infect) into each sketch I create!

This week's theme is fantasy characters. Popular creatures from mythology, folklore, pop culture, or your imagination--it's all fair game!
 
Can't wait to draw and chat with you guys soon!

--Jay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jay awsome sketches just got a chance to view them keep up the great work, lov Dad,