Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ustream, I stream, we all stream for…me to draw stuff?

First blog of 2011 and fast breaking news to report! I've created a Ustream account for myself, which I'll be using to broadcast live tomorrow night. I'm going to take suggestions for sketches live on air, and draw as many of them as I can within the hour. After that, I'll sign off and post the drawings here on my blog. Want to participate? Here's what you need to know:

From 8 pm to 9 pm Eastern time on Wednesday night, I'll be broadcasting from this link

You're invited to contact me during the show via Ustream's chat window. You need to log in to Ustream to use the window, but registering is easy. It only takes a username and an email address. Once you've entered that info, you can chat with me and suggest stuff for me to draw.

 I'd like to have a "theme" for these sketch sessions, just so I'm not jumping all over the map with ideas. Because this whole Ustream idea came from me taking ideas for Muppet sketches last week, this episode's theme will be Jim Henson. That means anything Henson related is fair game: Muppets, Fraggles, Sesame Street, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Storyteller, Sam and Friends (I'm especially partial to Sam and Friends suggestions), and any other concepts under the Henson banner. I'll do my best to accommodate, and get as many done in an hour as I can.

Once the show is done, check back here, where I'll post all the sketches I drew from the show!

I suppose that's everything you need to know. Now, this is my first time trying something like this, so things will get "glitchy". I've done my best to position the camera (generously lent to me by Mouseguard's David Petersen) above my workstation, and I can only hope the live drawings will come through nice and clear online. I also hope I don't fill my narration with "ums" and "uhs", but it's pretty inevitable. If I continue to broadcast---it's my intention to make this a weekly event---things should go smoother as it progresses. But for now, I'll just cross my fingers on the hand I'm not drawing with and hope for the best.

I really hope to hear from you in the course of my show! If, in the unfortunate event that nobody chats with me, I'll still be drawing Henson stuff anyway. I'm a fanatic for the guy's work. I won't be short of subject matter, I assure you. At any rate, catch you tomorrow night at 8 pm Eastern!

--Jay
 

No comments: