Wednesday, March 24, 2010

MSU COMICS FORUM NEWS

As I mentioned in my last blog entry, I'm participating in the 2010 Michigan State University Comics Forum this Saturday, March 27th. It's been going on this week in the form of an impressive comic art gallery show, and will come to a head this weekend with professional comic artists on hand, myself included.

I will have a table at the Lookout! Gallery at MSU's College of Arts and Humanities, which is on the second floor of Snyder-Phillips Hall. I'll be stationed in the creator's alley (with my sidekick, lawyer and occasional roadie, Nick) from 11 am-5 pm. I'll be accepting commissions, selling prints, original artwork, original comic book pages, three rare collectible sketch cards, and will even have a VERY SMALL AMOUNT of Dead Duck copies on sale. As an added perk, I'm including an original Dead Duck sketch on the inside cover with each purchase. So if you haven't got a copy yet, this is a cool opportunity.

There will be an hour-long break from my table from 3-4 pm, where I'll be part of a comic creator panel discussion that will include Guy Davis (creator of "The Marquis" and illustrator of BPRD, both through Dark Horse Comics) and William Messner-Loebs (writer of "The Max`x" for Image Comics during the 1990's). I'm pretty certain the panel discussion will be in the same building and floor as the creator's alley. For further info, you can visit the event's website HERE or contact the event coordinator, Jay Jacot, at jay@comicsobscura.com .

I'd love to see some familiar faces at this event, particularly anyone from the Lansing area whom I rarely get to see. But for the bulk of you who will most likely have to miss it, I'll be appearing at The Motor City Comic Con in Novi this May, and will have more information about that in the coming month. And I will have some copies of Dead Duck to sell there, too, for those who really like waiting 'til the last minute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

way to go jay! i'll be in minnesota. have some fun anyways!