Wednesday, August 26, 2009

WANNA ORDER DEAD DUCK...? UPDATE!!!

OKAY, SERIOUS UPDATE HERE!!! I posted earlier this morning that Dead Duck MIGHT be available for pre-order as of today in Diamond Distribution's Preview Magazine. Well, I just got back from my local comic shop (Vault of Midnight), checked out their Previews, and there in all it's full color and fifty words or less glory was the ad I'd written for Dead Duck! So change "might be" to "SURE AS HELL IS". Repeat: DEAD DUCK IS OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDERS IN PREVIEWS MAGAZINE AS OF TODAY!!!

Now, just to get my non-comic fanatic viewers up to speed, Previews is the premiere catalog that all comic book shops order their merchandise through. Chances are if you're within distance of a comic shop, they'll have Previews in stock, and you'll be able to order Dead Duck through them. And here is the order code that will allow you to do so: SEPT090577. This is basically the product number that represents Dead Duck. Memorize it, write it on your arm, etch it into your dashboard, whatever it takes. Just use it, for the love o' Zombie Chick!

And for the internet savvy, you can visit Preview's website here. I haven't been able to figure out how to find Dead Duck on the site, but I assure you, it is for sale in Previews as of today. If you can find it on this website, just print off the order form, take it to your local comic shop and they'll order it for you. But for the techno-deficient like me, I suggest you just go down and use their magazine to order.

The graphic novel is slated to come out on November 25th, 2009, the day before Thanksgiving. And it would give me much to be thankful for if you ran down to your local comic shop and ordered the crap out of Dead Duck, and encouraged others to do the same!

In related news, I'm going to be featured on the Idiothead.com podcast tonight (with host and fellow cartoonist Adam Talley) at 7:00 pm eastern time. The plan is to discuss Dead Duck and hopefully spread the word. You can check it out tonight HERE.

Lastly, I figure you all deserve to see just what it is I'm begging you all to run out and buy from me. So here, for the first time in public view, is the cover to my Dead Duck graphic novel.

Look for this image come November and you'll find the book I've worked so long and hard to bring to your hands! More news to come very soon, I promise!

Much love,

--Jay

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agh! It's so exciting!! Do you reckon we'll be able to get it this side of the pond? So happy for you jay, and still keepin up to date on your antics even if I don't get the chance to comment :)

Marian aka Frizelle

Doc Shaner said...

YES! I'll definitely be grabbing up a copy.

Greg Burghardt said...

I found it on Previews. They mention it in their Certified Cool post. I can't wait to see it! :)

-- Greg

Robin said...

I'm so excited! I'll make Jonathon order me one for my birthday ;)