Monday, July 20, 2009

WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO UPDATE!

San Diego Comic Con--the biggest, most important comic con in the world--lands this week…and I won't be there. However, MY first major comic con appearance happens in just a couple weeks at Wizard World Chicago (August 5th-9th), and I'm currently prepping for the journey. For your benefit, you can link to the info on the con HERE.

This is the banner I had made to promote Dead Duck. If you want to find me at Wizard World Chicago, this is the flag by which I stake my comic con claim (and unlike Columbus, I won't screw any indigenous tribes in the process). My table is #4008. Here's a run down of what I'll be selling there:

--Prints of Dead Duck and Zombie Chick, as well as prints of popular movies, cartoons and comic characters.
--Sketches of whatever you guys want--the previously mentions print subjects apply, as well as anything else you can think of.
--Original Dead Duck and Little Green Men pages.
--Pocketoons, tiny pre-made drawings that I'll have for sale.
--Caricatures of yourselves.
Prices are still being determined at this point, but they'll be noted when the con comes round.

I'll also have some free giveaways (redundant, I know):
--Dead Duck buttons
--A four-page Dead Duck promo

In case I haven't mentioned it enough, the actual Dead Duck graphic novel doesn't come out until November. But I'll have plenty of preview material and other goodies at Wizard World to whet your appetite until then. So mark your calendars and plan on seeing me there! I know I do!

--Jay

4 comments:

SoloTotoCoyote said...

Bummer that you won't be able to make the SDCC. This will be only my second time attending with almost a 10 year gap between.

Good luck in Chicago, sir.

I can't wait till November to finally get my mitts on the first, of many, Dead Duck books.

Renee Winter said...

Awesome Jay! And when you do eventually make the San Diego Comic Con, which I'm sure you will at some point, make sure to let me know in advance so I can come down and support ya. And you know you guys have a place to stay here too. :)

~Jenn

Wanton Wordsmith said...

OMG! I live in Chicago! If I make it to WW, I'll be sure to look for you, Jay. I hope I can some time off for it.
Can't wait to see your awesome Dead Duck merchandise!

ebd said...

Oh please, would you send me a Dead Duck button? I will wear it everywhere and hang it in my office when I go back to work?